HORSE RIDING FOR NON-MEMBERS
Type of Lesson:
Public Horse Riding Lessons take place in group lessons consisting of 3 – 8 people.
To be accepted on to the Public Riding programme, Riders must first take an assessment lesson with a BTSC Instructor.
Public Riders are entitled to take group flatwork lessons only.
The duration of each lesson in the Public Riding programme is 45 minutes.
If only 2 riders or less attend the lesson will be 30 minutes in duration.
The Public Riding programme is sold in a package of 4 lessons. The package cost is $430/- nett for 4 lessons.
Purchase of lessons constitutes an understanding and adherence to all Public Riding Policy and BTSC Rules and Regulations. Public Riding Lessons cannot be purchased individually.
2 weeks notice of cancellation prior to the lessons is required in writing to the Riding School office.
If 2 weeks notice is not provided, the full lesson fee will apply.
Riders who miss a lesson due to illness will have to provide a medical certificate in order for BTSC to waive the lesson fee. Failure to provide a medical certificate for the day of missed lesson will result in the full lesson fee being applied.
Public Riding packages (4 lessons) must be used within an 8 week period.
The 8 week period will commence when the rider takes the first lesson in their package.
BTSC PUBLIC RIDING POLICY
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The purchase of a Public Riding Package binds the purchaser and/or rider to adhere to the BTSC Rules, Regulations and Policies.
- It is responsibility of the Rider and/or Parent to familiarize themselves with the BTSC Rules, Regulations and Policies.
- In the interest of safety, the age limit for Public Riding is between 7 – 65 years of age.
- In the interest of safety and horse welfare, the weight limit for Public Riders is 85kg.
- Public Riding entitles the purchaser and/or rider to group lesson privileges only.
- Public Riders must pay for a Public Riding Package in full and PRIOR to the first lesson taking place or slot may be forfeited.
- Non-payment for a Public Riding Package may result in the loss of riding lesson slot.
- Public Riders are subject to BTSC’s Cancellation Policy and Bad Weather Policy.
- If a Public Rider misses two lessons in a row without notifying the Riding School Office, the Public Rider will forfeit his/her lesson slot.
- Public riders can be moved to another group lesson at the discretion of the Riding School Manager.
- Public Riders cannot be guaranteed the same instructor and/or horse for every lesson.
- Public Riders cannot participate in Inter-Club Shows as this is a privilege of Membership.
- When Public Riding lessons are being scheduled, the Riding School office will offer up to 3 different riding time slots. If none of these time slots are taken by the public rider, that rider will be placed at the end of the wait list.
- Once a Public Riding Package is complete, BTSC reserves the right to discontinue a Public Rider’s riding time slot.
- In the case of misconduct by a Rider or a Rider’s parent, BTSC reserves the right to terminate public riding privileges immediately. In this instance, the Rider will also forfeit any remaining portion of their Public Riding Package.
- BTSC reserves the right to deny Public Riding privileges to any persons.
- Public Riders cannot participate in more than 2 group flatwork lessons per week (valid till 30 April 2016).